Friday, September 9, 2011

DIY 1st Birthday Fun!

For Brayden's 1st Birthday I have been working on DIY projects to make the party fun and festive!  So far I have a few things done and I have a bunch more in the works. Being the Type A personality I am I've been working on things for a while, but it works to my advantage so I can take my time and have fun with it.
For the party we are doing animal theme with the colors being a turquoise blue and lime green. And a little orange here and there! I found these SUPER cute cake plates and napkins online at Party City(and 50% off with FREE shipping... SCORE!)




Bunting! I made triangle bunting, which I think I previously pictures, but I'm going to re-add it in here. Since it's hard to "decorate" in a way that is kid friendly I figured bunting would be fun and not something the kids can reach and actually pull down.

Balloon Wreath!  I still need to finish adding embellishments, I'll re-post photos later, but I love it so far! I plan on doing white letters with his name and possibly adding animals or a number one.. not sure!  

Cupcake Toppers! I found these perfect personalized party printables on Etsy from JEdwardsImages. They match everything perfectly. For a nominal price it saves me a TON of time Photoshopping, so it was perfect. I'm using these for all kinds of DIY projects for the party. One of the things I'm made with them are cupcake toppers.  They have a variety of animals, say happy birthday on some and the others have the phrase "Oh my goodness what wild fun, our little Brayden is turning ONE!"  How PERFECT!


Happy Birthday Banner! I also made a personalized Birthday banner. I used the same cardstock from the bunting as a background and used "college" font to make it a little more "boyish".  I think it turned out adorable!  The first long part says "Happy 1st Birthday" and then the smaller banner "Brayden" .  It was hard to take a pic of the whole thing since it's SO long so i took some close ups as well!



12 month Photo Banner! Every month I hate a photo of Brayden with his "onesie stickers". So for another banner I'm still in the process of making one with the first 13 pictures (one from when he was born as well) of Brayden. I don't have pics yet, but I will be using the same pattern cardstock as a background!  Pictures to come!! 

Birthday T-shirt! Most people know i make and sell birthday t-shirts so naturally I would be making one for Brayden as well. To match the party colors I will probably be making a shirt that is almost exactly like the shirt a friend of mine ordered. I'll picture that below. He will have an aqua shirt, lime lettering and a monkey print number one!  He is going to look adorable! Here's are preview based on my g/f Megan's son Brent's
birthday shirt!


Birthday Hat! To go along with Brayden's birthday shirt, I'm going to make a coordinating birthday hat! I haven't quite figured out the designs but I'll post pics as soon as I get it put together! I'm sure I will be working in the monkey print fabric in there somewhere :)

That's it for now. I have a list of yummy home made snacks and treats I will be making along with Brayden's smash cake and cupcakes. I'm sure to some this all seems a little "over the top" but hey a kid only turns ONE once!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment