Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's for dinner: Pepperoni Bread!!

I've been dying for some yummy pepperoni bread and since my favorite bread shop is in Cherry Hill I decided it would prob be a good idea to make it myself instead of driving there and back.  :)  I think it turned out really good, Jason seemed to love it and Brayden had fun helping mommy!

I found the recipe on Pinterest. It's super easy and something kids can definitely help with!  I used frozen bread dough. You can make your own if you have time but I found it super easy to pull it out of the freezer and just that it out.

All you need is:
One regular size bag of sliced pepperoni. (Shoprite has theirs on sale!)
2- 8oz or 1-16oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 loaves of frozen dough
Butter
Oive oil
Spices- (optional) you can choose your favorites like Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic ext
A cute little helper!


* Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
* I sprayed my counter top with Pam butter spray to make sure the dough didn't stick to it.  Roll your two balls of dough in to two rectangle shapes.
* Brush the dough with a thin coat of olive oil
* Lay out the pepperoni to cover each dough rectangle. leave atleast 1/2 inch around the edges so it will roll up with out the pepperoni and cheese falling out
* Layer using one bag (8oz) of cheese on each pepperoni bread.
* Garnish with any spices you would like to taste
* Leaving the bread long in length roll up your bread, tucking it under as you go. Pinch the ends of the rolls so that the cheese does not melt out the side as it cooks
* Place rolls on a baking sheet making sure they do not touch
* Drizzle 2 table spoons of melted butter on top of each bread roll
* Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on how thick your rolls are till the cheese is bubbly and the rolls are golden brown.

We like when the rolls are cooler and the cheese has set up. If saving for later wrap the bread in press and seal wrap, leave on the counter, cut and serve when ready. This recipe makes 2 large rolls.  Enjoy!!

My cute assistant! 
 Here's the cheese mommy! 
 I'll open it! 
 There wasn't any mixing involved but he insisted on "mixing" , he LOVES to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment