Friday, January 27, 2012

14 weeks and OB appt!

Happy 14 weeks baby!  

I had my monthly OB appt today.  Baby's HB was 169 and nice and healthy.  So far I still haven't gained any weight since loosing 10lbs but they're not worried. I didn't gain with Bray till I hit 20 weeks.  I had my first pap smear since my LEEP procedure in July to remove cancerous cells. So I'm praying everything comes back great with that. I finished weening off the Metformin (for my insulin resistance) at 12 weeks so they wrote my script for an early fasting 1hr GTT (glucose test).  We did the same thing when I was pregnant with Brayden, just to make sure I'm not headed toward gestational diabetes or anything.  Keeping everything crossed I pass.  The also set me up with order for my thryroid test to see if my meds need to be adjusted and some other basic bloodwork.  She did another cervical check and she thinks the length of my cervix looks fine compared to what the other dr thought so they will keep monitoring it to make sure I have no changes. 
I was thrilled to find out that the baby's placental placement is posterior. Meaning in the back of my uterus parallel to my spine.  With Brayden I had Marginal Previa, where the placenta was partially covering my cervix so we had to be monitored to make sure it moved up as the uterus grew so I didn't have any bleeding issues before or at delivery. So glad it's one less thing to worry about!  Now I'm just counting down till our next ultrasound on Valentines Day. I will be 16weeks 4 day so there hopefully will be no issue with a definite determination of the babys sex! All signs are pointing to girl but i guess we will see!! 



How far along? 14 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: 10lb loss, no gain
Sleep: sleeping terrible, having a hard time falling asleep and tossing and turning
How big is baby? the size of a lemon, average weight is 1.5oz and 3.1 inches long
Best moment this week:  hearing the baby's HB since my doppler is broken
Movement: feeling random bubble and fluttering
Symptoms: exhausted
Symptoms I DON'T have:  nausea
Food cravings: simple foods, carbs
Food aversions: meats
Gender: will find out on Valentines day! looks like it may be a girl?! 
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? in 
What I am looking forward to: seeing the baby on Valentines day
Milestones: finished weening off all IVF meds!! GOOD BYE progesterone shots, you are NOT missed! lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment