Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bella First Pair of Earrings!


We've been wanting to get Bella's ears pierced and finally went for it! She did really well considering. Of course she cried and it broke my heart but I nursed her right after and it calmed her right down. A dose of tylenol later and shes "all better". We picked out the princess cut stone set in white gold.  I think they look adorable!! We wanted to get them done early so shes doesn't "remember" the pain. I know some people like to wait till they are older so than can remember it as a milestone but I was a little too excited. lol Hopefully since she got them early she won't mind them and hopefully won't be trying to pull them out. Thankfully they're the kid safe kind with rounded locking backs so they don't dig in to her head.  It'll be fun to pick out cute earrings for her later. 

Here we go! 

Being a big girl! 
 

So pretty! 

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your post about having your dd's ears pierced. This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! Mine were done as an infant and like you I knew it was best early when she wouldn't remember and she could just grow up with earrings. When she is older, she will think they are a part of her and won't bother them.

    I feel all little girls want their ears pierced so doing it early is a rite of passage best done as soon after birth as possible. Your dd looks totally adorable with those princess cut czs! I chose the same ones too. Promise she will look precious in her upcoming holiday pictures with them. I had our dd's ears pierced at about the same age.

    You were a smart mommy for doing it. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced. Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info.

    Angie

    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete