Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Carter!

This week Lisa, one of the moms from our playgroup ordered a cake and cupcakes for her son Carter's first birthday party! She decided on the adorable theme of Winter ONEderland! She showed me a few photos for inspiration (gotta love Pinterest!) We went with red and blue and snowflakes for the major ideas to coordinate.  I think everything turned out pretty cute. The snowflake design was MUCH harder than I anticipated for the cake.  I tried a few different methods and ended up royal icing stenciling the big snowflake on top and doing the sides freehand. I did add pearl beads to the snowflake on the top. I think it def added to it. I forgot to take an updated photo afterwards.  The toppers turned out cute considering my photoshop was not working and i had to improvise. I would of loved to done more detail work on them.

Happy 1st Birthday Carter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment