Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Months old and you are growing up TOO fast!

6 months come and gone! Wow the 6th month has probably been one of the craziest developmental months to date. I seriously can't believe my baby is 7 months old!  I don't want to come off as one of those overly boastful  or annoying mom's but Brayden is seriously too advanced with his gross motor skills.  Of course I am SO proud of him but at a mere 7 months he resembles more of a toddler than a baby. :(  He seriously needs to S...L...O...W down!  They are only little for so long!

Here's a recap of the past month!
*  In early April (5 months)Brayden was attempting to crawl. He would go one crawl (knee and knee) but that was it.

*  April 16th- FIRST TOOTH, after much agony the dang thing finally broke though! Thank god!!! lol But the second one is looming under the gums, who knows when it'll break through.
Showing off his first tooth!


*  April 18th- learned to sit himself up from a laying position :)
I'll do it myself mom! 


*  April 23rd- we introduced a sippy cup just to get him familiar with it, he's not too keen on it but is trying. He likes to chew on it more than anything. So for now we are doing a soft spout that when he chews water comes out.  He loves to drink from regular cups but that's obviously something he can't do on his own
I'd rather drink from the cup mom!



* May 1st! and he is OFF, Brayden is offically CRAWLING in full force!! We finished baby proofing anything and everything!
Silly boy crawling to get mommy!


*  May 6th- Brayden learned how to pull himself up on things in to a STANDING position! I found him the first time in his crib with his arms hanging over the rail! We had the crib dropped 1/2 way and thank god we did!  Now it's all the way down!
Look what i can do!


*  May 9th- loves to roll and kick balls by walking behind them while holding your hands!  Looks like we may have a soccer player on our hands ;) He's getting better at both!

*  May 13th- Learning to WAVE! It's a work in progress and he doesn't do it ALL the time but he's getting better at waving back at you.  SO cute! he does this little flick of the wrist or open and closes his hand.

*  May 19th- Holding on to the couch and the coffee table he took FOUR STEPS!   I'm offically speechless, well maybe not but I really wish he would slow down. For granted it took him almost a minute to complete the 4 steps but he didn't fall. He's only taken 1 or 2 today and he was practicing by walking behind his dino toy and holding the rails.  but mommy and daddy give him a lot of support and help so he doesn't fall with that toy.

See what I'm talking about?!! It's been an insane month! I really can't express how proud I am of him. He seems SO smart and so physically capable, it blows me away. He seems to be grasping purpose for things and loves to discover how to use his toys. He is anywhere and everywhere, sometimes he crawls so fast you have to be so quick. I swear kids have a gps beacon for anything and everything they are not suppose to get in to!  Even today I was picking up his toys and in the blink of an eye he managed to remember where the dogs water was and wanted to play in it... yeah that happened 2 times today! lol He must have a thick skull, lol as many times as he tried to pull himself up he had fallen over and bumped his head on the floor, but that doesn't seem to stop him!

I love that he sometimes calls out mama when he is sad but I don't think the relationship has really clicked for him yet so we are not counting it as his "first words".  I have a feeling he will be walking sooner than later, prob by the time he is 9 months at this rate. The past 7 months have been a whirlwind and have been such an amazing ride.  I can't wait to see what's in store for us next!

Happy 7 months Brayden Thomas!! OXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment