Friday, July 6, 2012

37 weeks! I can't believe we made it full term!





I seriously can't believe we have made it to full term. Its awesome but when we started all this preterm labor stuff at 24.5 weeks I seriously thought she would have arrived by now. It's bittersweet because I want her to stay in as long as possible but the amount of pain I continue to be in with the contractions is really intense.  I think that I had prepared myself mentally that there was a chance she was going to come early so with everything I am more than ready for her arrival.  She dropped a LOT in the last week. The pressure is really intense b/c she is hard pressed against my cervix and it's making my pelvic bone a little sore. It definitely doesn't stop her from her usual punches, kicks and rolls. 

This weeks has been another roller coaster.  On Tuesday her movement dropped dramatically, to the point where I wasn't getting much if any movement from her no matter what  I did. I had a really rough day of contractions so I was chalking it up to that, but by late night (her usual beat mommy session) didn't happen I started to get worried. I woke up around 6am on wed and still wasn't feeling her move. I drank 16oz of orange juice and was poking and prodding her and barely got 3 movements. I called the on call dr and they sent me up to triage to get her checked out. Her heart rate was great, she's always in the 150's and her accelerations were good. For a little while her heart rate was really high, that said it was too high b/c it was staying b/w 190 and 200. So they kept me on the monitor to play is safe and her HR came back down.  She did start moving a little while I was there. Thank god, and they did an ultrasound and her fluid levels looked perfect.  The rest of that day she moved some but not her regular strength or pattern but she was fortunately back to normal as of yesterday.  While I was in triage the one nurse was trying to give me the "its the end of your pregnancy and sometimes movement slows b/c they're loosing space" lecture. Okay lady I know that, this is not my first child and there is a HUGE difference b/w a pattern change and slowed movement versus feeling nothing.  She wasn't rude about it but I hate when they talk to you like you're a moron. I waited almost 24 hrs to see if things changed before I even went in.  

Otherwise things have been okay. I keep having stretches where it seems like labor is starting. The contractions are timeable, consistent and getting closer over time.  But after 4-6 hrs they start to spread back out. SO frustrating. I try to not get my hopes up when it happens anymore, i think when/if I go in to labor I'm prob not going to believe it. Hopefully my water breaks b/c at least then I know it's go time.  It broke on it's on with Brayden during induction, but I guess it's wishful thinking.  


So we only have 2 more weeks to go at the most.  I am hoping and praying that I will be able to avoid induction (39 weeks) but so far nothing we have done has helped things to progress. Seems kinda backwards since we've been trying so hard to keep her in, but we all know I do things difficult. lol Guess we will see what she has in store for us! Even the ob told her that once I hit 37 weeks it's time to make her debut! Hopefully she gets the message :) 


How far along? 37 weeks!  We made it to FULL TERM! 
Total weight gain/loss: lost 10, gained 21- shes head down
Sleep: not sleeping well b/c of the contractions and cramping, tossing and turning, sciatic pain, hot flashes and having to pee a lot, restless leg pain
How big is baby? prob about 6.5-7 lbs: about the size of a little watermelon
Best moment this week: making it to full term! 
Movement: she is head down and tends to favor laying on her left side, so i'm always getting kicked and punched on my right side, this little girls is STRONG :) 
Symptoms: preterm contractions, menstral like cramps, exhausted, intense cervical pressure, restless legs, vericose vein pain, sciatica pain, reflux even with meds
Symptoms I DON'T have: nausea
Food cravings: my home made decaf ice tea, brownies
Food aversions: none this week
Gender:GIRL! * ~ Bella ~ *
Labor Signs:  LOTS of contractions, menstral like cramps, and intense cervical pressure, 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated
Belly Button in or out?  in 
What I miss: not making 100 bathroom trips lol 
What I am looking forward to: meeting this little girl!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment